Saturday 1 December 2012

Gratitude Challenge 3

We got about an inch of snow last night. The first snowball fight of the year started when my husband opened the door, grabbed a hand-full of snow and threw the first one at me. Yes it was inside! That was it, we all grabbed our coats, boots, hats and mitts and ran outside for the traditional snowball fight kickoff. Was so much fun! Feeling thankful for that snow right now.

We are on day 3 of our challenge, how is it going? Here is Gratitude Challenge Day 3 (click). Keep sharing.

Today was a mix feeling day, as I thought of family members and friends. I was giving thanks to my family, as spread out across the globe as we are, we are still family and we will always support and love each other. The feelings were of gratitude, thankful and sadness. Sadness? Why was I feeling sad at being grateful for my family? Perhaps because we are so far apart and when I look at other families, I see how lucky they are to live so close together.  I embraced this sadness and gave thanks to it. It allowed me to inner track my feelings and where it was coming from. 

Then I turned my thoughts to my friends. To the ones that are no longer part of my life and to the ones who have stayed with me and to the new friends I have made in the last year. Thinking about them, I realized that they all have taught me one thing or another and gave thanks for their support, their arguments and their love. And as I look at the people whom I met online and have yet to meet, I give thanks to them and for the opportunity to meet them in the future. 

What kind of feelings were provoked for you? I was surprised by a lot of my feelings, were you?


Coming in 2013, we have Young Explorers program for 3-5 year olds, After School Program for 5-9 year olds, and  Chicks in the Sticks, a girls outdoor club for 9-14 year olds.  For more information, visithttp://www.naturesbackpack.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment