Friday 30 November 2012

Day 2 - Gratitude Challenge

So how did yesterday go? Did you spend 10 minutes reflecting all that you are thankful for? I don't know about you, but it felt great to think positive and give thanks.

Here is Day 2- Gratitude Challenge (click). I look forward to your emails, posts and comments.

Have great day and see you tonight.

 Today my mind was focused on the question for today. What are you thankful for in regard to the season change of Autumn to Winter. A true test for today as the wind was very cold. I put on my  long johns and head out to my sit spot. As I walked across the field, I watched over 100 Canadian Geese take off and form thier groups of half hazard V's. And I noticed that they are getting better at their formations. Before they were just a clumb, now you can see the formation. So I am thankful for the insticts of the Canadian Goose, to practice everyday with its family and fly South for the Winter. I wonder when they will go. 

As I settled in to my spot, I noticed not a lot of movement in the forest. It was windy and it was cold. But the little birds that were most active were the Juncos and the Black Capped Chickadees. I enjoyed watching the white flash as the Juncos flew from ground to branch and back down. The Black Capped Chickadee that visited me today. So I am grateful for the changes of the birds that occur in this changing of season. And I am thankful for the settling down and thinking of warmth and gatherings of friends and families this time of year. And I am thankful for that hot cup of coffee that was waiting for me when I got home.

Coming in 2013, we have Young Explorers program for 3-5 year olds, After School Program for 5-9 year olds, and  Chicks in the Sticks, a girls outdoor club for 9-14 year olds.  For more information, visit http://www.naturesbackpack.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment