Thursday 29 November 2012

Gratitude Challenge Starts

I am taking a field naturalist course called Kamana. It teaches nature awareness and increases your library of local flora and fauna. A great course that encompasses the whole mind body and soul into nature connection.

One of the great teachings in this course is to give thanks. Thanks from the heavens to the soil beneath your feet. Kamana offered a Gratitude Challenge at the beginning of the month and sad to say, I didn't do all of it. So I have challenged myself to do it on my own and wanted to invite anyone else who would like to join in. Everyday I will share my gratitude with you and if you so feel inclined you can share yours too in the comment boxes, or even email it to me if you like. Or you can share your own blog about your gratitude. Whichever way you would like to participate. You can even be a silent gratitdude challenger.

So here is the first Gratitude Challenge Day 1. At the end of the day I will enter my thoughts. Enjoy.

The first day of Gratitude and it was great to get outside and just reflect on this question today.  To check in and reflect on all the great things going on in my life. It didn't take long, I have so much to be grateful for. First thing I thought of was all the amazing opportunities that are presenting themselves to me for my business and for personal growth. Opportunities to write articles and guest blogs and to be asked my advice on hikes and how to start one. Another is the friends and family I have in my life. In the last year I have met some amazing people who have become dear to me and I really treasure their friendship. And my family whom I know I can always count on. I am also very grateful for my sitspot, it teaches me so much about nature, and gives me an opportunity to reflect and do some inner tracking on things that bother me, why and what to do. When to let something go and when I should stand up and fight. And about the trees, the plants and bird language, all taught while going or at my sit spot. And lastly, I am grateful for the courage to take a chance and do what I love the most, working with children and teaching them about nature. I found once I started listing off the things to be thankful for, my list is long. For that I am most grateful, that I have so much to be grateful for. And with that, I will hold on to for the days when I may not feel so thankful and remember this day. 




Coming in 2013, we have Young Explorers program for 3-5 year olds, After School Program for 5-9 year olds, and  Chicks in the Sticks, a girls outdoor club for 9-14 year olds.  For more information, visit http://www.naturesbackpack.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment