Monday 10 December 2012

Gratitude Challenge Day 11

My friends know that I look for an excuse to go for a walk. It is crisp outside and the wind is picking up, but get bundled up and I am ready to go. Enjoy this day as you walk outside and give thanks. Look for the small things.

Here is Gratitude Challenge Day 11 (Click) - Enjoy!


As I walked to my sit spot, I had to keep reminding myself to stop and give thanks. Did you find the same? But when I did, I found a lot to thank. For starters, the ground was really wet, and I gave thanks to my hiking boots. As old as they are, and even though duct tape is keeping them together at the moment, they kept my feet dry. 

I then found coyote tracks and this time there looked to be more than one track. I always enjoy seeing them and gave thanks for there presence here in a suburban area. They keep our mouse and rabbit population in balance and the rabbit do them. I followed them all the way to the entrance to the forest and then followed the animal trails to my sit spot. 

On my way to my spot, I found another pigeon (I think it is) that was eaten by something. Gave thanks to it as it gave up its life to sustain another and kept a feather to remember it by. It is a white feather with a black tip... looks like it was dipped in black ink. 

As I sat at my sit spot, I gave thanks to the people in my life. The people who I have really connected to in the last few months and how blessed I am to have them. I also gave thanks to my ancestors, who are mostly in England and they answered my prayers for a friend. So thankful for that. 

As I walked back, I realized, that I do indeed have a lot of great things in my life, and a lot to be grateful for. Wow!


Explore with us in 2013 through our various programs for ages 3-14 that will embrace each individual gifts and provide a safe place to express them and learn. http://www.naturesbackpack.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment