Friday 7 December 2012

Gratitude Challenge Day 9

This is an amazing experience. I remember walking through the forest at night, barefoot and blindfolded. What an amazing, character building experience. For today, I really encourage you to give this a try. Your senses will come alive! And really give you a different way of experience gratitude and awareness.

Here is Gratitude Challenge Day 9 (click). Have fun with it!

How did you do? I love using other senses than the dominant sight. It really got me out of my comfort zone. During my 10 minutes of gratitude blindfolded, I decided to do a sense meditation, starting with my sight and then moving into my hearing, smelling, touching and tasting. Then I blindfolded myself. Then gratitude for my sight was overwhelming. I gave thanks to my eyes, that I could see beutiful things, the sunset, the sunrise, the birds and my family. Then as I settled, I started to give thanks for all my other senses. I got up and started to just walk around a bit blindfolded and gave thanks for the earth and the senses in my barefeet as my feet and my sense of touch guided me past pine cones, walnuts and branches that could hurt my feet. It was an experience that always has me feeling different gratitude. 

Explore with us in 2013 through our various programs from ages 3-14 that will embrace each individual gifts and provide a safe place to express them and learn. http://www.naturesbackpack.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment