Monday 10 December 2012

Gratitude Challenge Day 12

Only two more days after this one of our challenge. What a difference it is making in my life. It is becoming a habit to just stop every once and a while to be thankful.  Today is a reflection on what you have done so far.

Here is Gratitude Challenge Day 12 (Click) - Enjoy.

So today we picked our own way to give thanks, and I wanted to give thanks to people, my ancestors to be exact. You know, a lot is passed down to us through our own history and lineage. Many times our family may do things without knowing the reason why? Or how, in my family, we are artistic in drawing and sculpting. Through looking back at our lineage we found out that our ancestors were glass blowers and carvers. How interesting. 

I also try to connect myself to my ancestors. Even though I am not on the same soil as they are, I can still feel I can connect to them through prayer and fire. I have had many powerful moments in the last few months where I have called upon them to help me or a friend through something and they usually answer. Whether it is through tears you shed, or gratitude and compassion to others, I have felt them.

So I hope to go back to where my ancestors are and learn a little more about them. Have you traced your lineage? Do you have something in your family that has been passed down? A Heirloom or a tradition? I would love to hear it. 

Explore with us in 2013 through our various programs for ages 3-14 that will embrace each individual gifts and provide a safe place to express them and learn. http://www.naturesbackpack.c

No comments:

Post a Comment